Date:      Wed, 6 Nov 2002 22:51:03 +0000
From:      Josef Karthauser <joe@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   HEADS UP: USB structure changes.

--45Z9DzgjV8m4Oswq

I've made some changes to the USB code in -stable.  This consists
primarily of header changes (usb.h) so that RELENG_4 is in line with
-current and the rest of the BSDs.  This will affect any drivers that
are maintained outside of the tree, but shouldn't have any functional
change to users who only the drivers in RELENG_4.

The next stage is to update the event structure that usbd uses, and to
this effect I need some help as I don't run usb on any -stable boxes
myself.  There's a patch at
    http://www.josef-k.net/misc/releng4_usb_event_structure.patch

If you've got a moment and wouldn't mind testing it for me I'd be very
grateful.  The question is does usbd still do the right thing after the
patch has been applied?  (There's a kernel part and an update to
usr.sbin/usbd).

Thanks,
Joe
--=20
Josef Karthauser (joe@tao.org.uk)	       http://www.josef-k.net/
FreeBSD (cvs meister, admin and hacker)     http://www.uk.FreeBSD.org/
Physics Particle Theory (student)   http://www.pact.cpes.sussex.ac.uk/
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D An eclectic mix of fact an=
d theory. =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

--45Z9DzgjV8m4Oswq

--45Z9DzgjV8m4Oswq--