Date:      Mon, 1 May 2000 18:28:51 +0200
From:      Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
To:        Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
Cc:        sthaug@nethelp.no, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How do I login as root using telnet?

Thus spake Mike Silbersack (silby@silby.com):

> Try disabling telnet totally.  After a week, you won't miss it.

This discussion is useless.

I had disabled telnet for years, but I switched it back on when I
happened to _sometimes_ do minimal administrative things on the router
when I'm in windows, e.g. getting up the PPP line to my ISP.

The amount of time to search/install a windows-ssh client is MUCH
bigger than its use.

Of course I don't miss telnet, since ssh provides such neat things as
public.keys, that you can add to your authorized_keys and other nice
stuff.

But that's not important here.

EOT

Alex