Date:      Sun, 28 Mar 1999 12:02:14 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Michael Robinson <robinson@netrinsics.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, kuriyama@sky.rim.or.jp
Subject:   Re: Which LAN PCCARD for FreeBSD (no PAO!)

> Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@sky.rim.or.jp> writes:
> >We should re-hack PAO code to separate by functionallity.  And let's
> >post -mobile and -current for reviewing.
>
> I think that would be an excellent idea.  Break up PAO into self-contained
> diffs against the 3.1 tree, based on single units of functionality.

This is what I did for almost 18 months, but unfortunately what happened
was that any changes I made to make it fit into the FreeBSD model better
were rejected by PAO, even good changes. :(

This is just one of the many reasons I don't do laptop support on
FreeBSD anymore (but only one of them).

And, based on recent feedback I've had with PAO members, it seems that
the same sort of behavior would happen again due to the difficulties in
communicating and design methodologies.

Nate