Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 2008 22:10:42 +0530
From:      Bhasker C V <bhasker@unixindia.com>
To:        Johan Hendriks <Johan@double-l.nl>
Cc:        "Alexey A. Ukhov" <auk@startext.tomsk.ru>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-7 reboots hourly

There could be memory issues.

I had a system which used to periodically reboot.

Eventually found out that after some time, when a part of memory
  is accessed, due to the faulty memory chip, the system crashes
  and reboots.

Try swapping the memory banks and boot the system. If the faulty chip
  falls in the memory range where the system is booting up, then you will
  be able to see that the booting fails !

OR

Try to replace the memory cards and try to run the system.