Date:      Sun, 9 Aug 1998 17:07:24 +0200
From:      Koen Gooris <koen_gooris@unicall.be>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   CDROM I/O ERROR

Hi,

I'm fairly new in the freeBSD world and I'm trying to install 2.6.6

I use the visual kernel configuration utility but after a while a get
an I/O error (5), which says that /dist cannot be mounted. My CDROM
is a MATSUSHITA/PANASONIC type player. and the I/O address in win95
on the same machine shows 230 as in the GUI for freeBSD configuration.
(Probably my CDROM player is not supported, or misconfigured,...)

1. Can somebody tell me what this error means ?

2. Can somebody tell me where I can find this stuff by myself ?

						Thanks
						  Koen