Date:      Mon, 03 Nov 1997 20:17:49 -0500
From:      Jay Richmond <jayrich@sysc.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   quantum Atlas II, tagged queuing device?

Hello,
I've finally been able to get my SCSI system working properly. It turns out
that my timeout errors were caused by the AHC_MEMIO option AND the fact that
my Quantum II was providing termination power to the bus (don't ask me why
this did cause a problem, it just did).. Thanks Justin for your help..

Anyways, I've been looking into tagged command queuing, and after enabling
the option for it in my kernel configuration and compiling a new kernel, I
don't see "ahc0: target ? Tagged Queueing Device" for my Atlas II hard
drive... here's what the kernel probe looks like:

Nov  3 18:13:01 room101 /kernel: ahc0: aic7880 Wide Channel, SCSI Id=7,
16/255 SCBs
Nov  3 18:13:01 room101 /kernel: ahc0 waiting for scsi devices to settle
Nov  3 18:13:01 room101 /kernel: (ahc0:1:0): "QUANTUM XP32275W LXY4" type 0
fixed SCSI 3
Nov  3 18:13:01 room101 /kernel: sd0(ahc0:1:0): Direct-Access 2170MB
(4445380 512 byte sectors)

I also have an external iomega jaz running if this means anything.

shouldn't I see something like "ahc1: target 4 Tagged Queuing Device" to let
me know it's active.
on another person's 3940 this is printer for his Atlas II drive with the
same firmware, but of a different size.

is there a way I can force tagged queuing to be enabled , or make sure it is
working properly?

thanks,jay