Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 2000 16:38:43 +0200 (METDST)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        gouders@et.bocholt.fh-gelsenkirchen.de (Dirk Gouders)
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X.25 (X.31/b) support with i4b

From the keyboard of Dirk Gouders:

>  > Both possibilities would be fine for me: in one case we get X.31 support
>  > (which basically means write an X.25 stack) in the other case we would
>  > get active card support (which basically means write a generic CAPI
>  > interface driver and at least one hardware interface driver for your
>  > choice of an active card).
>
> Can you tell me about experiences with getting necessary information
> for writing such a hardware interface driver?  I guess such
> information is not provided if I just buy an active ISDN card, for
> example, is it?

IMHO the best starting point would be to get an AVM B1 card, it seems
to be one of the most popular ones here in germany and at least it looks
like it is the best documented one. Complete documentation for this card
is available at ftp://ftp.avm.de/develper/ and Gary Jennejohn started
already with the firmware download code for the card (gj@freebsd.org).

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 55 97 47-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 55 97 47-77