Date:      Tue, 7 Nov 1995 14:26:21 +0100 (MET)
From:      grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Hackers)
Subject:   What happens to terminal settings on last close?

I'm currently playing around with terminal I/O, and have noticed a
discrepancy in an area in which there is no consensus anyway.  I set
CLOCAL on a line, and then close it, whereupon it promptly reverts to
-CLOCAL.  The result is that when I try to re-open it, it hangs
waiting for a DTR* signal which, in this case, will never come.

This is different from the standard BSD behaviour, which leaves the
terminal flags the way they are on the last close, but it's the same
as System V behaviour.  Is it intentional or accidental?  What do you
think it should do?

Greg