Date:      Wed, 17 Mar 1999 19:12:43 +0000
From:      David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        Michael Richards <026809r@dragon.acadiau.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: disk quota overriding

> We all know that there are oodles of security problems associated with
> file giveaways. As I recall, all the texts I have ever read on the subject
> say that unless there is a very good reason to allow giveaways, they
> should be disabled.

You can play games with quotas anyway, because you are alowd to make
hard links to files you don't own. I was considering writing some code
to restrict the ability to make hardlinks to files to root and the file's
owner. I guess it could either be a global sysctl or a per filesystem
mount option.

Would there be any interest in this it I put it together? Should it be
a mount option or a sysctl? Would anyone consider commiting it if I did
write it?

	David.