Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 2000 16:33:14 +0100
From:      Pascal Hofstee <daeron@shadowmere.student.utwente.nl>
To:        Brandon Martus <bmartus@jade.chc-chimes.com>
Cc:        fingers <fingers@fingers.co.za>, J McKitrick <jcm@freebsd-uk.eu.org>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Licq on 4.0

On Mon, Mar 20, 2000 at 09:51:19AM -0500, Brandon Martus wrote:
> Well.
> the 3.4 machine i have it on, was an upgrade.
> it worked for about a week, then started acting weird.
>
> I am going to do a fresh-install, with the newest version
> on a 4.0-release machine, and see what happens.

I noticed the exact same problems on both a 5.0-CURRENT as well as two
4.0-STABLE systems ... using micq as an alternative to maybe get more
insight on the problem i found out that the ICQ server was forcing us to
disconnect ... saying that it might be network lag (whatever that may
mean).

I have a hunch that because of this forced disconnect the socket licq is
trying to read from/write to is no longer valid ... and licq might not be
checking its socket's validity before reading/writing ... causing SIG 10.

I am not saying this is exactly what is going on ... but wouldn't seem too
unlikely.

--
  Pascal Hofstee      < daeron @ shadowmere . student . utwente . nl >
  Managers know it must be good because the programmers hate it so much.