Date:      Sat, 4 Jul 2009 03:10:43 -0400
From:      Sahil Tandon <sahil@tandon.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: local ports

On Fri, 03 Jul 2009, Aryeh M. Friedman wrote:

> Note: If I am the unofficial co-maintainer of a port (devel/aegis) [i.e.
> it was added at my request by the maintainer because at the time I
> didn't know how to make a proper port and have the email transcript to
> prove it) and my co-maintainer has timed out on a update request
> (unoffical) how do I a) make the change and get it committed and b) take
> maintainership?

Make the desired changes and also replace the maintainer's address with yours
in the port's Makefile.  Then submit the diff as a PR.  See:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/problem-reports/article.html
http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/

--