Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 1997 21:17:16 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@FreeBSD.ORG>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/etc pccard.conf.sample pccard_ether

In message <Pine.OSF.3.96.971119111912.8087P-100000@sag.space.lockheed.com>, "B
rian N. Handy" writes:

>This brings up something.  I've got an ethernet card and a modem card,
>both often get used in a given day.  Anybody come up with a good method of
>setting up the network stuff when you're on the modem or at home?  I seem
>to remember PHK mentioned something about putting some personal hooks in
>pccard_ether.
>
>What I want to be able to do is have the boss (who's not particularly
>proficient at unix stuff) be able to go home, click a button in his window
>manager which in turn trips the hooks that clean up his routing tables so
>his modem will work.  Same thing when it's at the office...clik another
>button and boom, we're talking over the ethernet card.

You should be able to do this entirely without the click.

In /etc/pccard.conf you can configure a script to on on insert and
remove for each card, so all you have to do is to write the two
small scripts to do it.

The special gyrations I had to do was because I used the ethernet card
several different places, home, work &c...

In your case you have two different cards for two different places,
no worries :-)