Date:      Sun, 20 Oct 2002 09:03:24 -0400
From:      "JoeB" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "FBSDQ" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "freebsd-isp@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Alternative to NATD or IPNAT for cable connection.

Help please, I looking for a software port that does NAT
(network address translation).  Before getting cable I used user
PPP for dial up ISP with NAT function and then IPFW with
keep-state rules. This worked great because NAT was being done
outside of IPFW.  Once I went to cable with DHCP I had to also go
to IPFW with NATD. NATD has problems with IPFW keep-state rules
where rules are mis-matched because of IPFW getting confused between
private and public ip address.

Does anybody know of an stand-a-lone NAT program?