Date:      Tue, 8 Oct 2002 10:54:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      twig les <twigles@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sniffer nic

Hey *, I need another nic (10/100 copper) for sniffing
and was wondering if anyone had input as to which one
kicks ass.  I'm planning on either an Intel Pro or
3Com, not sure which model yet.  Anyone had something
so good that they want to recommend it?  The box is
4.6 Release (fully patched) running Snort 1.8.7.
Hardware is dual P3-1GHz, 2gig ram, scsi blah blah
blah, the only really interesting thing is that I have
an empty 64-bit, 66mhz PCI slot so I can use that for
a good nic if possible.

=====