Date:      Fri, 28 Mar 2014 10:07:32 -0500
From:      Matthew Pherigo <hybrid120@gmail.com>
To:        "lumiwa@gmail.com" <lumiwa@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Buffalo Firewire 1TB HD

Hey,

FAT32 can't handle files over 4 GB. What are the other computers that you wa=
nt to connect to? If your concern is compatibility with Windows, you may hav=
e to format with NTFS to not be hit by stupid filesystem limits.

Also, remember that if you aren't planning to use the device in non-BSD syst=
ems anytime soon, and you're only formatting it like that 'just in case', re=
member that there are FUSE drivers for everything (ZFS on Windows? Sure!), w=
hich means any operating system can read your chosen filesystem if you can i=
nstall FUSE. So, for example, if the drive would only ever be plugged into a=
 non-BSD computer in the case of some tech disaster needing recovery of the f=
iles, the many benefits of a UFS/ZFS filesystem far outweighs the negatives o=
f needing a FUSE translation layer. :)

--Matt