Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 1995 08:41:39 -0600
From:      rkw@dataplex.net (Richard Wackerbarth)
To:        kline@tao.thought.org (Gary D. Kline)
Cc:        gpalmer@westhill.cdrom.com, scrappy@hub.org, questions@FreeBSD.org, jkh@time.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: What ever happened to... ?

kline@tao.thought.org (Gary D. Kline) wrote:

>According to Jordan K. Hubbard:
>>
>> > order code: bsd-mug
>> > price: $9.95
>> > shipping & handling: $5.00
>> >
>> > Walnut Creek already have them :-)

>        That's like going into Fry's for a couple of SIMM's
>        and some Pepsi!   (for anybody who's lived in California...)
>
>        I prob'ly will order the mug evventually, but I'd sooner
>        see some of the profit go toward _this_ cause.  The same
>        sentiments  are why I order things from the NPR/PBS
>        catalogs.

Gary,
You are way off base here. Walnut Creek provides SIGNIFICANT support for
the FreeBSD project.
1) They supply development hardware.
2) They supply Internet connectivity.
and
3) They pay the salary of Jordan to work FULL TIME on FreeBSD.

Frankly, I don't see how they are making enough on all the FreeBSD
materials to provide this much support and still break even on the P&L
statement.

----
Richard Wackerbarth
rkw@dataplex.net