Date:      Fri, 23 Nov 2001 16:00:13 -0800
From:      Chip <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   error in fstab? where?

when I mount my cd drive I get the following error:

chip# mount /cdrom
fstab: /etc/fstab:1: Inappropriate file type or format

yet it does get mounted:

chip# mount
/dev/ad0s1a on / (ufs, local)
/dev/ad0s1e on /usr (ufs, NFS exported, local)
/dev/ad1s1 on /usr2 (ufs, local)
procfs on /proc (procfs, local)
192.168.1.14:/usr on /usr2/apache (nfs)
/dev/acd0a on /cdrom (cd9660, local, read-only)

Here's my fstab:

chip# cat fstab
Device              Mountpoint         FStype   Options         Dump    Pass#
/dev/ad0s1b             none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/ad0s1a             /               ufs     rw              1       1
/dev/ad0s1e             /usr            ufs     rw              2       2
/dev/ad1s1              /usr2           ufs     rw              2       2
/dev/acd0a              /cdrom          cd9660  ro,noauto       0       0
192.168.1.14:/usr       /usr2/apache    nfs     rw              0       0
/dev/fd0a               /floppy         msdos   rw,noauto       0       0
proc                    /proc           procfs  rw              0       0

So, question is - what is inappropriate about the above cdrom settings?
(The same exact things happens when mounting the floppy)
FWIW - I used the info in the freebsd.org manual on setting the mounts to be
useable by the user (me) as well as root. The above messages are from trying
to mount as root.
--
Chip W.