Date:      Sat, 12 Jul 2003 17:10:53 +0100 (BST)
From:      paul@xciv.org (Paul Civati)
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Where did kernfs go?

In article <20030712160130.GA43097@praxis.lunabase.org>,
	faber@lunabase.org (Ted Faber) writes:

> I still see it under 4.8-STABLE as of a week ago.   (I don't think an
> old module would work under a new kernel - ps was screwed up until I
> installed a proper world).

If you're running stable I guess you might still have the binary on
your f/s, however the sources are no longer in the tree.

% cat /root/build/cvsupfile
*default host=cvsup.uk.freebsd.org
*default base=/build
*default prefix=/build
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4_8
src-all

% ls /build/src/sys/miscfs/
deadfs  fdesc   fifofs  nullfs  portal  procfs  specfs  umapfs  union

I was first alerted to this when I installed 4.8-REL and made my
usual fstab changes only to find no /sbin/mount_kernfs on reboot.

-Paul-