Date:      Fri, 18 Jan 2002 17:03:38 -0600
From:      Henrik Hudson <lists@rhavenn.net>
To:        twig les <twigles@yahoo.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Freebsd-specific mysql info

For the most part if you have got it up and running, there is nothing FreeBSD
specific to it and any old DOC / INFO / FAQ / FM will work.

The only "difficult" step is getting MySQL to start on boot, but using some
of their provided shell scripts should get you up okay after a little editing.

Personally I have found the MySQL (author: Paul Dubois) book from New Riders
to be very helpful if you don't mind shelling out a few bucks.

On Friday 18 January 2002 14:52, twig les wrote:
> Hey all, I'm looking for some good docs on how to
> install and administer Mysql on freebsd.  I've scoured
> the Mysql docs but I'm a database newbie so when
> something doesn't work right I'm lost.  Normally this
> wouldn't bother me much but I'm kinda under the gun
> here at work.
>
> I'm running freebsd 4.4 stable-minimum install, with
> mysql-3.23.42.  I've already got the sucker installed
> and I can fumble around until it's running, but I'm
> looking for additional docs.
>
> THanks.
>
> =====

Henrik Hudson