Date:      Fri, 30 Mar 2001 23:02:51 -0800
From:      "oldfart@gtonet" <oldfart@gtonet.net>
To:        <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Donation For Earthquake Relief Work

Spoken like a true spammer. Spammers often defend their actions by saying
"you can always delete it." Well, that's just not good enough for me. It,
most certainly, WOULD help to limit posting to subscribers. It might not
stop all the spam but it would some. Personally, I'd like to see the lists
moved to a web bulletin board type forum. Then you don't get e-mails for
subjects that aren't of interest and you can browse and post (if
registered/subscribed) from any browser. The archives are nice but you can't
post without an e-mail account. Spammers prefer e-mail so using a forum
might even stop more spam. I'm pretty sure FreeBSD could handle a web based
forum :)

Just my 2 cents,

OF