Date:      Wed, 25 Apr 2001 11:50:09 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
To:        sheldonh@uunet.co.za
Cc:        jwd@bsdwins.com, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, brian@awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: Updated: cp -t patch (w/ commentary)

> However, a specific hack to cp(1) is what a lot of people don't like.
> If FreeBSD contained every little hack every committer had used to
> address specific problems, it'd be a mess.

I was told that the "hack" everyone is referring to is already
implemented in several other operating systems, but I must confess
that my searches so far haven't turned up the expected evidence.  I
did find a rather useful `-u' flag to cp in Redhat 6.2 which FreeBSD
could probably stand to adopt, but other than that...  I may have to
reverse myself on this one if I can't find at least one other vendor
which has adopted -t.

- Jordan