Date:      Mon, 09 Sep 2002 13:47:32 -0700
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why did evolution fail?

Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com> writes:

>> > Perhaps individually.  On average, though, they are not, and
>> > that's really the only useful place to measure them, since
>> > measuring them elsewhere would be... arbitrary.
>>
>> The average of an arbitrary measure is still arbitrary. ;)
>
> What about the average of a non-arbitrary measure of arvitrary
> values?

You can't non-arbitrarily measure arbitrary values.

>> > Childish and Simple is not an identity relationship.
>>
>> You are actually going to argue that "ignoring trolls" isn't the
>> simplest answer?
>
> Yes.  It fails to fit all the facts.

What facts does it need to fit? It's simple, you ignore the trolls,
they don't bother you. What more needs to be said or analyzed?
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org

A certain conqueror said to Nasrudin: "Mulla, all the great
rulers of the past had honorific titles with the name of God
in them: there was, for instance, God-Gifted, God-Accepted,
God-Sent, and so on. How about such a name for me?"

"God Forbid." said Nasrudin.