Date:      Sun, 14 Jun 1998 19:51:37 +1200
From:      wheely <wheely@thevortex.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PPP: !bg processes

I have just upgraded my user PPP that came with 2.2.5-RELEASE to ppp980612
and I cannot get the !bg processes to send back their results to the
console. How do you do this with the new PPP version? Ideally I would like
to define for each process if the results are sent back or not as I want to
see what the results of my Dynamic DNS update but not know about sendmail
etc starting.

Also is it possible to echo on the console part of the login process
without using the term? One of my ISP's has a MOTD after I (or the chat
script) enter my password.

Thanks
wheely