Date:      Sun, 8 Sep 2002 10:03:48 +0200
From:      Christian Zander <zander@minion.de>
To:        Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Christian Zander <zander@minion.de>, Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Remote kernel debugging over Ethernet (was: interrupting the remote kernel)

On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 05:54:56PM +0930, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:

> Just by coincidence, I heard of this today from Richard Sharpe of
> Panasas.  It seems that Tim has moved on, which is possibly why you
> haven't heard back from him.

I was aware of that, I had been in touch with Tim over connections
dropping after a short period of time with my configuration, which
I could later attribute to the lack of ARP request handling), and
had sent the patch to an alternate address.

> I'd be interested in committing this code if nobody has any
> objections.

I've used this wrapper quite a bit so far and found that it works
well. There are a few things that would be neat to have or that
need some work (e.g. exciting GDB without an explicit detach will
render the target machine unresponsive, console messages are not
yet forwarded, etc), but it is very useful nevertheless.

--
christian zander
zander@minion.de