Date:      Mon, 15 Feb 1999 19:30:06 +0100
From:      vela@cibernet.it
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   masquerading

I must get familiar with freeBSD, but beginnings are promising, hardware
configuration and installing is cool (v. 2.2.5).

Could someone help me to configure an IP masquerading like this:

-OS2 box (1), with modem connecting to an ISP and ethernet
card masquerading to another OS2 box (2) on my local net
-freeBSD to use the existing double hosted machine (OS2 box 1  has the
default routing address)and, finally, to connect to the internet,

The three systems are able to ping to each other, telnet, tftp etc.

How should I set a simple masquerading to the freeBSD client, with Natd or
 no need to rebuild the kernel? What about FTP on the local hosted
machine?

Thanks for your help