Date:      Sat, 28 Jul 2001 20:22:59 -0400
From:      User & Ian Patrick Thomas <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
To:        User & Ian Patrick Thomas <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pgp and the telnetd patch

As it was put forth by User & Ian Patrick Thomas on Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 08:13:01PM -0400...
> 	After downloading the patch from ftp.freebsd.org I ran the following
> command to check the pgp signature.
>
> pgpv -m
>
> 	I get the following message
>
> Signature by unknown keyid: 0x73D288A5
>
> 	How do I know this key is right?  I'm new to pgp so the answer may be
> right in front of me.  Is there some way I can cross reference this key
> with an authoritative reference?
>
> Ian

	Sorry.  I figured out how to do it.  I found and dowloaded the public
key for the FreeBSD Security Officer here

ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/CERT/public_key.asc

	I ran this

pgpk -a public_key.asc

	The keys matched.  There really is alot to be said about RTFM.  Above
posted just in case someone else doesn't know how to do it.

Ian