Date:      Mon, 5 Aug 1996 21:06:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
To:        andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu (Annelise Anderson)
Cc:        durang@u.washington.edu, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: newbie PPP and dail-in question

According to Annelise Anderson:

> On Mon, 5 Aug 1996, Ken Marsh wrote:
>
> > I've been looking around for PPP manpages, webpages, chapters in books,
> > etc., but one thing still eludes me in a big way:

		[[ ... ]]
> 				Annelise

		[[ ... ]]

		Wouldn't SLiRP be good here?  Could someone who
		wanted a pseudo-SLIP link have SLiRP on the remote
		machine, and another instantiation running locally
		and have IP-like connectivity??

		Anybody out there a SLIP/SLiRP guru?  I have used
		the TIA emulator on my local BBS with SLIP on my
		old 386/SVR4 and it was just like having a dedicated
		SLIP dial-up.

		gary

<><>

Those who fear death most are those who enjoy life least.  -- Edward Abbey