Date:      Sat, 16 Aug 2008 20:18:07 -0500
From:      "Edwin L. Culp" <eculp@casasponti.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 7.0 install on Acer Aspire AM1640-U1401A

Joseph Olatt <joji@eskimo.com> escribi=F3:

> Hello,
>
> I have tried installing the following versions of FreeBSD:
>     - 7.0 Release
>     - 6.2 Release
>     - 6.1 Release
>
> on an ACER Aspire AM1640-U1401A computer and the install program is not
> detecting the SATA hard drive.

You are installing from a cdrom, I assume.  Do you get to the installer menu=
?

I have installed i386 Current, amd64 current and amd64 Release on my =20
Acer Aspire 5520-5679 and the only problem that I had was that it =20
could not bring up the installer and after consulting the list found =20
that by pressing the space bar many times it would come up.  Once =20
installed all is great.  Everything but the Crystal Eye Camara works.

If yours seems to be locking up, try the space key.  IIRC, press it =20
until it starts to beep, rebelliously.

ed