Date:      Mon, 14 Dec 1998 22:12:29 +0100 (CET)
From:      Johan Granlund <johan@granlund.nu>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@FreeBSD.ORG>, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Lars_=C5kerling?= <lars@akerlings.t.se>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: if_sppp is BROKEN!!!

On Mon, 14 Dec 1998, Julian Elischer wrote:

> Johan Granlund wrote:
> >
> > Is this a implementation of SYSV Streams?
> >
> > /Johan
> >
> > On Sun, 13 Dec 1998, Julian Elischer wrote:
> >
> > > how about porting the whole shebang to whistle's 'streams'
> > > replacement..
> > > we could probably supply the frame relay and ppp packetizer nodes along
> > > with the framework and tools...
> > >

> No it's something that lives in the same ecological niche, but is
> different.
>
> it's not based on a 'stack' but instead allows an arbitrary network of
> processing elements to be created.
>
> I released it about 12 months ago but it needs some cleaning..
> :-)
>
> julian

This is really interesting!
One of the concepts i liked in SYSV (ducking for cover) was streams and
its ability to chain together modules to process a datastream.
If it's coupled with kld to dynamically load/unload modules i think
you have something _very_ good.

That network thing. Can a module route a package thru different modules
based on contents and state?

/Johan