Date:      Tue, 26 Mar 1996 18:08:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu>
To:        Tony Kimball <alk@Think.COM>
Cc:        questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD & Linux

On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, Tony Kimball wrote:

>    As usual, I'm wrong, and someone gets me pointed right.  :-)
>
> Doug, I would like to specificly and publicly thank you for answering
> in the first place.  Your answers to questions are extremely
> worthwhile, even when they are wrong, for several reasons.  Among
> these:  When they are wrong, they express the reasonable expectations
> intelligent newer users, and elicit the correct answer from more
> experienced persons in cases where the original question might have
> been beneath their interest threshold.

Aww, shucks...:-)

I do my best.  I'm now on the current mailing list, and I will be running
current in a bit, so I should be in better shape to let people know
what's out there now and what's coming up.

> In short, your efforts are appreciated even in those cases where
> the original inquirer was not directly aided.

I figure, if someone answers, that's a first step; if anything, someone
can correct me.  I'm pretty brave answering these questions with the
relative amount of unix experience I have, which is about a year's worth,
mostly beating on my personal box.