Date:      Sun, 28 Apr 2013 03:30:51 +0200
From:      Andreas Mueller <am@meschnet.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        fbsd8@a1poweruser.com
Subject:   Re: loading ipfw at boot time

Hello there.

> I know ipfw can be loaded at boot time by adding statements to
> /boot/loader.conf.
>
> Problem is I dont know what the ipfw module names are.
>
> How do I find the ipfw names to use?

Not using ipfw by myself, but according to the handbook, the modules are
loaded automatically, when editing rc.conf to load the firewall:

Quote:
IPFW is included in the basic FreeBSD install as a run time loadable
module. The system will dynamically load the kernel module when rc.conf
contains the statement firewall_enable="YES". After rebooting the
system, the following white highlighted message is displayed on the
screen as part of the boot process:

ipfw2 initialized, divert disabled, rule-based forwarding disabled,
default to deny, logging disabled
Source: http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/firewalls-ipfw.html

Greets,
Andreas