Date:      Sun, 6 Nov 2011 11:08:24 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ren=E9_Ladan?= <rene@freebsd.org>
To:        Olivier Duchateau <duchateau.olivier@gmail.com>
Cc:        xfce@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: deprecating x1-wm/xfce (3.8.18) ?

2011/11/6 Olivier Duchateau <duchateau.olivier@gmail.com>:
> 2011/11/6 Ren=E9 Ladan <rene@freebsd.org>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> bapt@ asked me on IRC if there are any plans to deprecate/remove
>> x11-wm/xfce (the 3.8.18 version). Google shows this version is from
>> 2002, i.e. 9 years old. Even the download page on the Xfce site "only"
>> goes back to the 4.0 version. So, should it be deprecated/removed?
>> I think it still works.
>>

> Yes, it should be removed, because now it has taken the place of
> x11-wm/xfce4. Like x11/avant-window-navigator-xfce4.

I'll mark x11-wm/xfce deprecated with 3 months expiration so people
can migrate to xfce4.
x11/avant-window-navigator itself seems ok, but the -xfce4 slave port
is marked broken. Maybe we can fix this?

> Also, sysutils/xfce4-places-plugin, with defaults options in Xfce 4.8,
> it's already present in panel.

I'll remove this.

> You should mark BROKEN misc/xfce4-weather-plugin [1].
>
> [1] http://mail.xfce.org/pipermail/xfce/2011-November/029423.html

As this is a "commercial" problem, I think IGNORE is better in this
case: the software itself works but has no data feed any longer (if
the format remained the same).

Regards,
Rene