Date:      Tue, 3 May 2005 00:01:07 +0900
From:      Eric Kjeldergaard <kjelderg@gmail.com>
To:        Warren <shinjii@virusinfo.rdksupportinc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Where can i d/l VMware-workstation-3.2.1-2242.tar.gz

2005/4/28, Warren <shinjii@virusinfo.rdksupportinc.com>:
> im trying to install the vmware pkg via the port but all URL's listed fai=
l to
> have the pkg:
>=20
> Where can i grab a copy of this pkg ?
>=20
<snip>
> ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/VMware-workstation-3.2.=
1-2242.tar.gz:
> File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
> =3D> Couldn't fetch it - please try to retrieve this
> =3D> port manually into /usr/ports/distfiles/ and try again.
> *** Error code 1
>=20

Have you tried googling?  I was quite successful in finding the file,
for instance here: http://mirrors.zyrianes.net/gentoo/distfiles/ .=20
Generally, I find that a quick google with the file just as it appears
there in the distinfo is a quick and easy way to get the file you
need.  Plus, since the files are MD5'd, you won't have to worry about
accidentally getting the wrong one.  Isn't FreeBSD great?

--=20
If I write a signature, my emails will appear more personalised.