Date:      Thu, 19 Dec 2002 21:28:16 -0600
From:      Barry Pederson <bp@barryp.org>
To:        Steve Burton <steve@sliderule.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VIA VT6103 Ethernet Controller Question

Steve Burton wrote:
 > Hi.
 >
 > The latest (M Series) Via mini-itx motherboard come with integrated VIA
 > VT6103 ethernet i/f.
 >
 > I'm not familiar with this chip, is it likely to be supported?

The first-generation VIA mini-ITX boards also have VT6103 (according to
their website and the printed manual that comes with the board), but it
shows up in dmesg as VT6102.  Maybe that's why it's not working so well, if
the 6103 is close enough to 6102 to only sort of work.

So I'd guess that the M Series mboards will be in basically the same boat
as the first EPIAs.

	Barry