Date:      Sat, 27 Jan 2001 17:18:45 +0300
From:      "Oleg Perov" <oleg_s@ok.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG

Beside me installed by FreeBSD 4.1 RELEASE (kernel is
compile with the Linux support). I download RealProducer
programm under Linux since versions, version on FreeBSD
not in www.real.com. RealProducer - a coding the sound files
from "wave" format in the format "RealAudio" and coding a
signal from entering a sound card in "RealAudio"
and most further broadcasting in InterNet. Started Coding
"wave" file from disk and all passes without problems! No
Problems!!! receive End file in RealAudio format. When
starting a coding from devices (/dev/dsp0) nothing does not
leave!
Systems gives messages:

linux: 'ioctl' fd=4, cmd=4dff ('M',255) not implemented...
encoding failed, A GENERAL ERROR OCCURRED!
<<<

That this signifies and possible this correct? Sources from
RealProducer naturally no! To Code from other devices except
as /dev/dsp it is impossible! That I do? To Change FreeBSD
on Linux I does not want! But I am required to broadcast in
network (INTERNET). Help Me!!!

Thank you...

Oleg PEROV
E-Mail: oleg_s@ok.ru