Date:      Tue, 11 Sep 2007 09:49:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Joe <josepha48@yahoo.com>
To:        "freebsd-ports@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   isc-dhcp3-server compile configuration

Hello, I am experiencing a problem with the dhcpd server. It seems that for=
 some reason packets are being sent out the wrong interface. I thought it w=
as a bug in natd/ipfw but and after filing a bug was screamed at beacuse th=
ey say it is not a bug in natd it was my rules.

The problem is that I have an old dhcpd version 3.0.5 that works but this n=
ew binary does not. The old binary works fine with my firewall rules the ne=
w binary sends packets out the wrong interface.

The new dhcpd binary gets the dhcp requests, and then responds on a differe=
nt IP address.  I can see the broadcast request come in on xl0 ( internal i=
nterface ) and then I get a message in my logs &#39;failed to write packet =
back&#39; from natd.  I added in a few rules to log dhcp going out my exter=
nal interface and found it was being sent from my external IP address.  Whi=
le it does sound like a firewall config issue, the rule is actually BEFORE =
natd touches the packet. Something like:

- allow 220 log udp from any 67,68 to any 67,68=20
- then natd
- then more rules

The configs are the same between the two, the firewall rules are the same. =
 The new binary hits rules 220 and the data is logged as going from my exte=
rnal IP address. =20

Both binaries are stared with:=20

[path to binary] -cf [path to cfg] -lf /var/db/dhcpd/dhcpd.leases xl0

How do I figure out what is causing this?  How do I figure out what my dhcp=
d binary was compiled with that will make it behave this way?  Is there som=
e place that build config stuff gets put that needs to be deleted?  My /etc=
/make.conf files are the same.

I&#39;ve run tcpdump on the internal interface, and I can see client broadc=
ast to 255.255.255.255 but no reply from server on this interface. =20

I&#39;ve tried dhcping and if I use -i inform, it comes back with an answer=
.  It seems that the broadcast reply is getting screwed up in the new binar=
y.

Thanks,
___________________________=0ALuggage? GPS? Comic books? =0ACheck out fitti=
ng gifts for grads at Yahoo! Search=0Ahttp://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=3Do=