Date:      Sun, 22 Jul 2001 20:15:49 -0700
From:      Rob <europax@home.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   [Fwd: Sony Vaio PCG-FX290]

Hi all,

I am the unexcited owner of a new FX290.  I installed 4.2 release, and
found that I can't get networking going.
It has an EtherExpress Pro100 VE.  The kernal recognizes the card, but I
see in dmesg "cant access shared memory" for the fxp listing.  I will
try to get the DMESG on floppy and transfer it over to Windoze if
needed.

I am also wondering about video.  Do the latest XFree 4.0 support the
intel 815 video?

In worst case, I guess I can make this a linux laptop.  Thanks,  Rob