Date:      Tue, 14 Dec 1999 15:02:02 +0000
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: syscons extension: "propellers"

On Tue, Dec 14, 1999 at 12:40:34PM +0100, Oliver Fromme wrote:
> By the way, is there interest in giving the "Print Screen"
> key an appropriate meaning, i.e. capturing a screenshot?
> I have a few patches for this to implement that, I'd just
> have to clean the code up and write a bit of documentation.
> The GIF on the above webpage was created that way (along
> with a small userland tool and netpbm).  I'm just asking.
> If nobody cares, I will not bother putting more time and
> effort into this.

Yes.  I've got some patches somewhere for 2.2x syscons that implemented
an ioctl for this, the idea being that these screenshots can then be used
in the FAQ and Handbook as necessary.  I didn't get around to sorting this
out, which is why I never re-integrated them after the big syscons change
that happened when -current became 3.0.

    If you want to imagine the future, imagine a tennis shoe stamping
    on a penguin's face forever.
        --- with apologies to George Orwell