Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 2002 17:31:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brian Naylor <bwv211mail@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   DHCP/DNS

I'm sorry, but this is already over my head.  I have been using fixed IP
addresses and maintaining a /etc/hosts file on every machine.  So now I decided
to get with the real world.  I installed /usr/ports/net/isc-dhcp3, and dhcp
itself appears to be working - clients connect and evidently have IP addresses.
 But how do I handle the DNS side of things?  I am a complete newbie to DNS - I
just want to handle my simple local home network.

So in sum: I now have a /etc/hosts file on every machine.  This obviously won't
work with DHCP.  So how do I move to a more DNS-style solution?

Thank you.