Date:      Mon, 11 Oct 1999 09:52:31 +0000
From:      bK <bertke@bellsouth.net>
To:        "N. N.M" <madrapour@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Port 31789 scanning and ...

By default a traceroute uses 33435 as the first packet.

"udp",
                IPPROTO_UDP,
                sizeof(struct udphdr),
                32768 + 666,
                udp_prep,
                udp_check

It is initialized at 33434 but is incremented by one before being sent to make
33435.
Of course someone could use the -p option with traceroute  to alter the
destination port.

OTOH straight from:  http://www.robertgraham.com/pubs/firewall-seen.html

31789     Hack-a-tack      UDP traffic on this port is currently being seen due
to the "Hack-a-tack" RAT (Remote Access Trojan).

Looks some kiddies might be loose.  As always keep your virus software updated;
it might not hurt to look at the data in the UDP packets and research this trojan

more.

Bert