Date:      Mon, 11 Oct 1999 17:28:51 +0100
From:      yveline josserand <yveline.josserand@sofrecom.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Pb with sendmail 8.9.3

I'm running freebsd 3.2. I implement the named.conf file. I have
some problems with sendmail. If I use an inexistent domain in my e-mail
heading address (yveline.josserand@surfer.sofrecom.fr), I send a message
to ping@oleane.com, the mail is accepted for delivery. Normally it may
be rejected with the following message:

                Sender domain must resolve

because surfer doesnt'exist. I'll try to locate the problem. I use
nslookup, in the function res_mkquery I have a return code NOERROR.
If it works well, I'll may have rcode=NXDOMAIN

;; res_mkquery(0, surfer.sofrecom.fr.sofrecom.fr, 1, 1)
------------
Got answer:
    HEADER:
        opcode = QUERY, id = 61928, rcode = NOERROR

        Name:    surfer.sofrecom.fr.sofrecom.fr

Is anybody has an idea about it? How can I fix it?

Thanks in advance

Yveline Josserand

---------
SOFRECOM