Date:      Sat, 17 Feb 2001 15:18:08 +0100 (CET)
From:      Stefan Walter <stefan.walter@stud.udo.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-ISDN <freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Dialing into FreeBSD box using modem

Hi everyone,

is there any possibility to dial into a FreeBSD box with an ISDN card
using a modem?
We have two computers, one in the cellar and one upstairs, and a phone
system at home, to which both computers are connected - one with an ISDN
card, and one with a modem. As I can't connect those two via ethernet, I'd
like to do it via the phone system.
I tried to do so by setting up an isp interface, but a few seconds after
i4b accepts the call, the system (the one with i4b) halts, i.e. the cursor
disappears and I can't do anything but reboot the machine; there aren't
any error messages in the log files.
Before I go on trying to get this working: is it possible to establish a
connection between the two computers with an ISDN card and a modem?
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Stefan
--
Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.
http://transfer.to/dunkelkammer