Date:      Wed, 5 Aug 1998 02:51:56 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        jdp@polstra.com (John Polstra)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PAM4FreeBSD

> > Be sure and look at BugTraq and the DOE CICE lists
>
> OK, I give up.  Yahoo has failed me.  Altavista has let me down.
>
> What's a "DOE CICE" and where do I find it? :-}

Ugh.  CIAC.

The US Department Of Energy Computer Incident Advisory Capability.

	http://ciac.llnl.gov/cgi-bin/index/bulletins

Sorry about that.

Note that the incidents reported here are listed mostly under the
programs compromized by them, and don't (usually) explicitly reference
PAM (instead they reference things like NIS+ cache compromise", etc.).

The Bugtraq stuff is at:

	http://www.geek-girl.com/bugtraq/

These reference PAM explicitly.

You should include CERT in the list, as well, while I'm at it...

	http://www.cert.org/nav/alerts.html

...what the heck, you might as well add:

	http://www.secnet.com/nav1.html

They don't have anything on PAM, but they have an lpd vunlerability in
FreeBSD 2.1.7 listed... as well as one against Vixie's cron.  8-|.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.