Date:      Tue, 28 Jul 1998 00:55:37 +0700
From:      Engelhard <engel@cbn.net.id>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FD > 256

Hi,

I want to compile qmail with conf-spawn more than 126 processes.
How do I re-compile my kernel so it can open File Descriptor
more than 256 ?
I have compiled kernel wiht maxusers=64, CHILD_MAX=256,
OPEN_MAX=256. But qmail still can not compile if I set
conf-spawn=200, the error is:

./chkspawn
Oops. Your system's FD_SET() has a hidden limit of 256 descriptors.
This means that the qmail daemons could crash if you set the run-time
concurrency higher than 125. So I'm going to insist that the concurrency
limit in conf-spawn be at most 125. Right now it's 200.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
#

thank you for any help.
engel.

ps: please cc to me for any answer, thanks.