Date:      Tue, 24 Jul 2007 09:18:17 -0500
From:      Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>
To:        Anton Berezin <tobez@tobez.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How to include new dirs in @INC

--==========6E0FFC9BFFC78A2FCDF0==========

--On Tuesday, July 24, 2007 11:57:18 +0200 Anton Berezin <tobez@tobez.org>=20
wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 05:13:50PM -0500, Paul Schmehl wrote:
>> > Alternatively, you need to figure out whether you can place the =
modules
>> > into a standard location.  It looks like you are trying to do that, =
but
>> > clearly you are doing something wrong.  What are the names of the
>> > modules and their packages?
>
>> After checking the scripts, all of them refer to Bro::Module except one.
>> So I can put that one module (IP4.pm) in /mach and solve the problem
>> that  way.  The others appear to be correctly coded.
>
> So problem solved, or?

Problem solved.  I had two options; patch the script or install the one=20
module in SITE_PERL/mach.  I chose the latter.  The rest of the modules and =

scripts work fine because they call the modules correctly - use=20
Bro::Report::Conn.pm; (for example.)  The one script simply called IP4.pm=20
without any directory (use IP4.pm;)  I was hoping to keep all the modules=20
in one location, unique to the port, but it made more sense to me not to=20
edit the script.

BTW, maybe you know the answer to this.  I can't remove the perl modules in =

pkg-plist because it prepends PREFIX to SITE_PERL, making the location=20
/usr/local/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8.  This seems to me to be a=20
bug.  Shouldn't pkg-plist honor SITE_PERL and not prepend PREFIX?

I solved the problem by writing a pkg-deinstall script that removes the=20
modules and directories, but seems like a kludgy solution to me.

--=20
Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst
The University of Texas at Dallas