Date:      Sat, 20 Jan 2001 22:20:05 -0700
From:      "Kerry Davis" <kedavis@uswest.net>
To:        "Bill Moran" <wmoran@mail.iowna.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pause in booting new kernel?

it's a separate system, just my LAN server and I'm not running any kind of
mail on it, there's no good way for me to copy-paste what it does.

it does appear to find the floppy, as far as I can tell.  at least, I don't
see anything that looks like an error.  and it didn't pause that way when I
first installed, and was running GENERIC.  It only started after I
customized the kernel.  I did comment out all the lines that seemed to be
unneeded, but that was mostly ethernet cards that I don't have, RAID
controllers, and the like.  I don't see why any of that would matter.  the
ethernet card that I DO have is recognized just fine, also.