Date:      Sat, 21 Sep 2002 22:28:52 +0900
From:      Hiroharu Tamaru <tamaru@myn.rcast.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        Hiroharu Tamaru <tamaru@myn.rcast.u-tokyo.ac.jp>, bvowk@3jane.math.ualberta.ca, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intel ICC

At Sat, 21 Sep 2002 13:16:04 +0200,
Alexander Leidinger wrote:

> Ok. I am the maintainer of the port, and I already added a message to
> post-install (together with an update to the latest icc version).

Pardon me, I should have looked more carefully.

> It would be nice if you could send me the results of benchmarks (if
> permitted by your employer).

Yes, I have a plan to benchmark it to see if it improves my
scientific numerical calculation programs.  Your comment
below is encouraging, since they are CPU intensive floating
point and integer calculations that I assume are quite
suitable for parallel execution.  This is also a memory
intesive calculation so I am planning to check out which is
the bottle neck (and to help this I happen to have i845, i850,
i845G, and also MPX760 Athlones :-) )

--
Hiroharu Tamaru