Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 2000 13:40:59 +0400
From:      Igor Roboul <igor@raduga.dyndns.org>
To:        pirat <pirat@access.inet.co.th>
Cc:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: pci modem device entry

On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 03:43:55PM +0700, pirat wrote:
> i need to use ppp with that modem but i don't know the device entry for
> pci modem and so i can not do
>
> sh MAKEDEV /dev/...
>
> would anyone here suggest me some hints
>
> thanks for any informations
Hello,
Is your modem so called "WinModem"? If so, then you are in trouble, you
can not use WinModems (and most PCI modems are WinModems) with FreeBSD.
If your modem is not WinModem, then it just emulates one of serial
ports. More information you can find in instruction manual of your modem.
You don't need special device nodes for modems yet (but, I think, when and
if winmodems will be supported in FreeBSD, we'll have device nodes)

--
Igor Roboul, Unix System Administrator & Programmer @ sanatorium "Raduga",
Sochi, Russia