Date:      Mon, 21 May 2001 20:15:27 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org, Andreas Gerstenberg <andy@andy.de>, "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
Subject:   Re: generic problem in ports?

On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 06:57:13PM +0300, Peter Pentchev wrote:
> On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 08:50:02AM -0700, John Polstra wrote:
> > Peter Pentchev wrote:
> > > Look at http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=27495
> > > A quick workaround is to remove your checkouts file (usually
> > > /usr/sup/ports-all/checkouts:.) and recvsup.
> >
> > It's much better to remove just ports/www/jakarta-tomcat and then
> > CVSup again.  Make sure you don't use the "-s" option.
>
> Oh, ok, I just saw your other message about this, and I tried.
> Yes, removing the jakarta-tomcat directory works.  I'd tried
> removing the files/ subdir, this failed, then I tried removing
> the files/ subdir again and touching a 'files' file, and it failed,
> but yes, removing the whole directory works.

..or did I speak too soon?

Have you tried a second cvsup, without -s, and without removing
the checkouts file, after removing the www/jakarta-tomcat directory?

The first cvsup passes ok, recreates the directory properly.
The second one, though, barfs with the same error message:

Updating collection ports-all/cvs
 Delete ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/files
Updater failed: Cannot delete "/usr/ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/files": Directory not empty
[root@east:p0 ~/cvsup]#

All subsequent attempts produce the same result, until the checkouts
file is removed.

G'luck,
Peter

--
If you think this sentence is confusing, then change one pig.