Date:      Fri, 7 Jan 2005 23:58:35 +0100
From:      "=?iso-8859-2?B?S/Z2ZXNk4W4gR+Fib3I=?=" <gabor.kovesdan@freemail.hu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Booting problems

Hi,

I have an amd64 server machine with a 3ware 8506-4lp raid controller and
succeeded in installing the FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE on this machine in safe
mode, but it boots only in safe mode. I've upgraded the kernel to =
stable,
but there's no result.
I don't know what's the difference between the safe mode and the normal
mode, in fact. Anyway, I'd like to play around with the setings, and =
when
there isn't a better solution, then I'd rather change the default boot
method to safe mode.
Please give me some advices, otherwise I'll get out of the time. The =
next
week is the deadline, the server should work until then.

Best regards,

G=E1bor K=F6vesd=E1n